- does not print
- prints black bands
- prints misaligned lines
- prints empty sheets
- is not in the network
Verify the following points:
Is the printer switched on?
NO: the printer is not switched on
Switch on the printer.
YES: the printer is switched on
Are the consumables filled?
Fill up paper. Replace the toner.
YES: consumables are filled?
Does the printer support Post-Script 3 natively?
Background: Post-Script 3 is a programming language for directly communicating with printers. All devices from Meyton communicate with the printer in this language.
Verify if the printer supports Post-Script 3 natively. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
NO: the printer does not support Post-Script 3 natively or only emulates support
Use a printer that supports Post-Script 3 natively.
YES: the printer supports Post-Script 3 natively
Does the printer print a test page?
Print a test page and a configuration page. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
NO: the printer does not print a test page
Use another printer.
YES: the printer prints a test page
Note the parameters of the configuration of the printer.
Are all cables in the network undamaged?
Background: Damaged cables may affect the functionality of the network.
Check all cables of the network for
- Visible damage
- loose sockets
NO: Network cables are damaged
Replace the damaged cables.
YES: All network cables are undamaged
Are there managed switches or switches with security options in the network?
Background: Managed switches filter information depending on security options. These security options are also called firewalls. This filtering may influence the Meyton network. Managed switches are marked as such. Only non-managed switches forward information without filtering.
YES: there are managed switches or switches with security options in the network
Deactivate all security options and filters of managed switches. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
Replace managed switches with non-managed switches.
NO: there are only non-managed switches in the network
Is there more than one DHCP-Server in the network?
Background: A DHCP-Server that distributes static and dynamic IP-addresses and subnetmasks in the network. A DHCP-server runs on a router or on a Access Point. A DHCP-server usually has a graphical interface. A user or an administrator configure the DHCP-Server.
YES: There are more than one DHCP-Server in the network?
Make sure that
- there is only one DHCP-server in the network
NO: There is only one DHCP-Server in the network
Make sure that
- the DHCP-Server does not attribute IP-addresses that are already used by Electronic Scoring Targets
- the DHCP-Server does not attribute IP-addresses that are already used by printers
- the DHCP-Server does not attribute IP-addresses that are already used by a workstation
- the DHCP-Server does not attribute the same IP-address twice
Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
Is the printer configured correctly?
- subnet mask
- gateway address
Configure the printer. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
Use the CUPS (Common Unix Printing System). Open a browser and enter http://localhost:631. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
Use the Standard IP-addresses of devices in a Meyton Network.
YES: the printer is configured correctly
Is the printer selected?
The printer has to selected on every device that is to communicate with the printer. Select the IP-address of the printer on every device from which you want to print.
NO: the printer is not selected
Select the printer on the devices
- Workstation: select the printer in the dialogue Print settings
- Control-PC: Select the IP-address of the printer with the Admin Program
- ESTA5: Select the IP-address of the printer in the Control-PC settings
Before contacting Meyton:
- Verify all points in the troubleshooting manuals!
- Note the serial number of the affected EST. You find the serial number on the EST. This serial number is on a small adhesive label near the socket of the EST.
- Note the versions of the software on the Meyton devices. Use the manual„Welche Version habe ich“ from the Meyton Homepage.
- Note the brand, model designation and version of all affected third party devices (printer, computer, beamer, monitor, network devices, etc.).
- Note the precise error descriptions! What happens? Under which conditions does it happen? When does it happen?
- Prepare your customer ID! You find your customer ID on all bills and offers from Meyton.
Use one of the following ways to contact Meyton:
- Use the contact information on http://support.meyton.info
- Write in the forum http://forum.meyton.info
- Use the contact information in the documents from Meyton