- You cannot install Shootmaster II
- The installation fails with a message containing CRC
- The installation fails with a message containing MD5
- The installation fails with a message containing nohup.out
- After rebooting the error message appears KDEinit could not launch „/usr/local/bin/smcc“
Verify the following points:
Test your shooting range extensively after each point.
Re-establish the changes for each point before testing the next point. Repeat the changes of the preceding point.
Maintain a list of the changes. You can reset your shooting range after the troubleshooting.
Are you working as user root?
Background: The user root has the most extensive access rights. User with fewer access rights cannot perform all actions.
NO: You are not working as user root
Log in as user root. Perform all actions as user root.
YES: You are working as user root
Is the installation file damaged?
YES: The error message contains CRC or MC5. The installation is file damaged.
Download the installation file again. Restart the installation with the new installation file.
NO: The installation fails with the new installation file, too.
Is the architecture of Linux right?
Background: CPUs have either a 32bit architecture or a 64bit architecture. The operating system has to be installed for the right architecture. The Shootmaster Software has a 32bit architecture. On a Linux with 64bit architecture you have to install 32bit runtime components to run the Shootmaster Software.
NO: The Linux has a 64bit architecture and the 32-bit runtime components are not installed
Install the 32bit runtime components. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
YES: Linux has a 32bit architecture or the 32-bit runtime components are installed
Are security features active?
Background: Security features are e.g. firewalls and anti-virus software. The security features can impair functions of software. Security features can deny programs access to essential ressources.
YES: Security features are active
Verify the security features. Add exceptions to firewalls. Use the documentation of the manufacturer.
NO: Security features are not active or configured correctly
Before contacting Meyton:
- Verify all the points in this troubleshooting!
- Note the serial number of the affected EST. You find the serial number on the EST. The serial number is on a small adhesive label near the socket of the EST.
- Note the versions of the software on the Meyton devices. Use the manual „Welche Version habe ich“ from the Meyton homepage.
- Note a precise error description! What happens? Under which conditions does it happen? When does it happen?
- Prepare your customer ID! You find your customer ID on all bills and offers from Meyton.
Use one of the following ways to contact Meyton:
- Use the contact information on http://support.meyton.info
- Write in the forum http://forum.meyton.info